GTD it' s a simple principle: a person needs to move tasks out of the mind by recording them somewhere. That way, the mind is freed from the job of remembering everything that needs to be done, and can concentrate on actually performing those tasks.
That way, your work productivity gets better (or should be) ... GTD suposes that your are a motivated and ordened person.
GTD does not start his emphasis on setting priorities. Instead he advocates creating lists of tasks that are specific to a context, for example, having a list of telephone calls to make or errands to do downtown.
GTD suggests that any new task which can be completed in less than two minutes should be done immediately.
Source: Wikipedia (English Version )
Links Related :
- David Allen & Co. official site
- Lifehack.org The community blog on GTD and Productivity
- wiki summary of GTD
- GTD for Lotus Notes
- 43 Folders, a wiki devoted to GTD-related tips and tricks
- GTD: A New Cult for the Info Age (Wired magazine)
- Implementing GTD with your BlackBerry, blog article on implementing GTD with your BlackBerry.
- Flashpoint is a GTD application för Apple Newton Messagepad. Written by Eckhart Köppen.
- GTD Gmail Extension, a Firefox extension for using Gmail for GTD.
- Drupal Tasklist Advanced project, a Drupal Module using GTD.
- #GTD IRC channel IRC channel #GTD at irc.freenode.net
- ThinkingRock, a free stand-alone software application for implementing GTD.
- Entourage and GTD, a 5-part series on how to use Entourage (the Mac's version of Outlook) with GTD.